About the Team
HTC Creative Labs is a global team of designers, artists, engineers, and researchers that delivers design strategy and incubates new products and experiences for the HTC portfolio. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next-generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
About Your Next Opportunity
We are looking for a XR 3D Creative Director to join our rapidly growing team of top-tier talent who are passionate and committed to the future of AR/VR/XR and understanding customer needs. We require a strong creative leader with experience across global brands and a history of taking ideas to sketch to execution; someone that stays on top of creative trends and has a passion for creative software and storytelling. The variety of work requires someone comfortable with leading and influencing creative decisions with stakeholders at all levels, and working closely with internal production teams to ship Creative Labs concepts.
To be considered for this position, you must make sure your portfolio, website, or other work samples are easily accessible.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with strategy peers to ensure all solutions are insight-driven and with functional peers to ensure work is delivered on time
- Collaborate and consult with outside teams across HTC to deliver HTC’s vision of a constantly evolving hardware and software ecosystem
- Relentlessly keep pace with new and emerging digital technologies and trends that inspire Creative Labs to explore new possibilities
- Lead and/or oversee ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Work with Creative Labs leadership in delivering provoking presentations that are both visually stunning and strategic
- Initiate new, and optimize existing processes and workflows
- Be a strategic thought leader and assist the business in discovering new ideas and opportunities
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Experience in an Agency, Creative, or B2B environment and/or start-up preferred
- Experience managing a range of creative positions (i.e., motion designers, 3D designers, technical artists, sound designers, etc.)
- Experience working with game engines (Unity or Unreal)
- Concepting, Video Editing, and Storyboarding preferred
- Experience providing direction on visual, creative, technical execution and strategy for interactive or AR/VR driven experiences
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal 4/5, or equivalent engine exposure
- Experience with Cinema 4D, Blender, Maya, Max, and Houdini (team uses a wide array of 3D packages that usually culminate in Unity)
- Experience with Figma (for ideation and brainstorming)
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects) for video editing and presentation
- Familiarity with architectural concepts
We Should Get to Know Each Other if You:
- Are thrilled by the chance to influence product experiences that millions of passionate HTC users enjoy
- Obsess about creating design solutions that offer both functional and emotional benefits
- See product design and development as both a cultural and strategic activity
- Are excited to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
Employees within the US (located outside of California and Washington) will be considered on a temporary agency set up before transitioning to a direct-hire based on location.
HTC's estimated annual base salary for this position is $120,750 - $210,250. Individual compensation will vary based on job-related factors, including candidate skills, qualifications, experience, business needs, and geographic location. This position is also eligible for participation in our discretionary bonus programs.
HTC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families. For information regarding our available benefits , please copy and paste this link (https://c2mb.ajg.com/htc/home/) into your web browser. Contact our Human Resources department with questions.
This organization participates in E-Verify.