HTC built a vision of the future by combining humanity with technology to unleash our collective imagination. At HTC, we believe that VIVERSE, the combination of virtual and augmented reality, high-speed connectivity, AI, and blockchain – reachable on any device, anytime and anywhere – will reshape the next decade in every industry and influence human beings’ social life.
About Your Next Opportunity
HTC VIVE is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our exciting team. This position will be based in Seattle, WA in the heart of Pioneer Square. The ideal candidate will work closely with business partners throughout the organization in the North American region and internationally. This candidate also must be able to partner seamlessly with various business teams and be willing to work in an ever-changing environment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as a trusted advisor to business teams across different departments in the North America region and internationally on a wide array of legal and business issues, including product sales and distribution, product warranty, logistics (including import/export regulations), customer care, business operations, commercial transactions, and eCommerce.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of complex agreements, including sales and distribution contracts, services agreements, joint development agreements, and other related documentation pertaining to sales, development, and product support
- Primary legal support for forward and reverse logistics and operations, including logistics and service provider agreements
- Advisor to a product organization, including preload and testing software, user trials, and legal risks of device software updates and upgrades
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business, sales, marketing, and senior management within the company and counsel on the legal implications of proposed transactions, new products, and corporate strategies, with a strong emphasis on assessing and minimizing risk while supporting company initiatives
- Advise management and other team members on the risks and benefits of corporate strategies and initiatives
- Perform legal research and risk analysis for new business initiatives and provide practical business-orientated counsel and guidance on the interpretation of laws, policies, and contract provisions
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge on new developments relevant to our business
- Manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget
- Help identify, develop, and implement improvements to policies, templates, and processes to promote efficiency and internal alignment
- Collaborate and provide support to other members of the legal team both in the U.S. region and internationally. Desire to provide mentorship and development opportunities to other members of the legal team
- Participate in industry groups to advance the interests of HTC
- Some travel may be required (domestic and international)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a nationally accredited law school
- Currently licensed to practice law in at least one state; preferably Washington
- 8+ years of relevant experience as transactional counsel, with a strong emphasis on sales and business operations transactions, in a recognized law firm or as a U.S.-based in-house counsel in a major technology company with significant U.S. operations. Experience with Latin American and Asian business operations a plus
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements on behalf of multiple and diverse stakeholders, including international stakeholders
- A proven track record of accountability, attention to detail, and organization in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of integrating with key business teams and earning and retaining their trust over time
- Ability to analyze business and legal issues and articulate findings and recommendations in a multi-cultural, international environment
- Confidence, sense of humor, and good judgment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Abilities):
- Experience managing legal and business risks associated with sales and warranty support of consumer electronics, gaming, and/or mobile devices
- Experience managing real estate transactions on behalf of a corporation
- Experience with investments
- Experience with blockchain, crypto, and NFT-related development and transactions
- Experience with content licensing
- Experience with CSR/ESG
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
HTC requires employees and employment candidates who will be at any of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
This organization participates in E-Verify.