HTC built a vision of the future by combining humanity with technology to unleash our collective imagination. At HTC, we believe that VIVERSE, the combination of virtual and augmented reality, high-speed connectivity, AI, and blockchain – reachable on any device, anytime and anywhere – will reshape the next decade in every industry and influence human beings' social life.
About Your Next Opportunity.
HTC VIVE is seeking an Optical Engineer to join our growing R&D team.
The Optical Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, and developing advanced AR/VR optical solutions. The successful candidate must be innovative and experienced in AR/VR optical design and prototyping and will be at the frontline of optical innovation, pushing the boundary of today's AR/VR optical limitations to drive innovative ideas into commercial products.
The successful candidate will not only do the research and propose groundbreaking design concepts, but also develop prototypes to prove overall feasibility. In addition, this role will need to work with overseas team members and vendors for prototype manufacturing and verification.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Imaging & non-imaging optical system design and development. [e.g., HMD, HUD, micro-projector]
- Optical engine/component simulation for AR/VR application [ e.g., light engine, freeform lens, holographic optical element, diffraction optical element, polarization optical element].
- Study novel AR/VR designs and develop prototypes for concept verification.
- Issue patent applications for design concepts and prototypes.
- Work closely with oversea team members and vendors for new optical design development and prototype verifications.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Abilities).
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in optical engineering, physics, or an engineering-related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a related field.
- Proven record of accomplishment in optical design and prototyping.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Abilities):
- Experience with Optical Simulation Tools: Zemax, CodeV, LightTools, Rsoft.
- Experience with the following programming languages: Python, and Matlab.
HTC is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees' and applicants' time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
HTC requires employees and employment candidates who will be at any of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Employees within the US located outside of California and Washington will be considered on a temporary agency set up before transitioning to a direct hire based on location.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
HTC's estimated annual base salary for this position is $117,094 - $165,600. This position is also eligible for participation in our discretionary bonus programs.
HTC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families. For information regarding our available benefits, please copy and paste this link (https://c2mb.ajg.com/htc/home/) into your web browser. Contact our Human Resources department with questions.