About the Team:
HTC Creative Labs is a global team of designers, artists, engineers, and researchers that delivers design strategy and incubates new products and experiences for the HTC portfolio. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next-generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
About the Role:
As Lead XR Prototyping Engineer on the VIVE Creative Labs Team, you will lead a team of talented prototyping software engineers to deliver next-generation solutions for VIVE XR experiences. You will work closely with a small but nimble team of designers, researchers, planners, and engineers to test and prove the viability of new and experimental XR experiences through in-headset interactive prototypes.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and mentor team members with your technical knowledge to help everyone push the boundaries of user interaction in meaningful ways
- Lead technical decision-making for the prototyping team – analyze, propose, and validate appropriate solutions to complicated technical problems in new and emerging technologies
- Create and manage the architecture of software projects, defining components, and interfaces for collaboration and future expansion
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the design, user research, and program management to define new kinds of XR experiences and find creative ways to prototype the future with today’s technology
- Play a key role in building and iterating on interactive prototypes that embody the vision of new design concepts, ideas, and interaction models in XR
- 10+ years of experience building clean, responsive, and performant code for VR, PC and/or mobile applications
- Experience leading a development or prototyping team – determining appropriate technical solutions based on research and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Unity UI, development workflow, render pipelines, input, physics simulation, editor scripting, and package management
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency in C#
- Familiar with Android development and using Android SDK Platform Tools
- Advanced knowledge of VR/AR/MR technologies and development tools
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to convey technical ideas to colleagues with and without a technical background
- A strong passion for learning new technologies, programming environments, and languages
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with hardware components and prototypes
- Experience working with 3D modeling tools and understanding the 3D art pipeline
- Experience with image processing and computer vision
- Advanced degree in Computer science, engineering, or game development
Who You Are:
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others to build up the individual and team capabilities
- You’re curious, driven, and passionate about innovating and pushing the limits of new and emerging technologies
- You are user-focused – you know how and when to ask the right questions to fully understand and empathize with users’ problems before diving into design solutions
- You can balance an appropriate mix of the ideal and pragmatic in your design work
- You’re excited to tackle ambiguity head-on and have the experience and toolset to deliver innovative solutions to unfamiliar challenges
- You can internalize feedback and build on alternative perspectives to iterate on and improve your design solutions
- You can focus on near-term needs without losing sight of long-term goals
- You are comfortable and capable of contributing at every stage of the design process
- Your passion for UX and XR inspires others and will contribute to shaping and growing the VIVE Creative Labs design studio culture
HTC is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
HTC's estimated annual base salary for this position is $108,750 - $203,000. This position is also eligible for participation in our discretionary bonus programs.
HTC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families. For information regarding our available benefits, please copy and paste this link (https://c2mb.ajg.com/htc/home/) into your web browser. Contact our Human Resources department with questions.