About the Team:
HTC Creative Lab is a global team of designers, artists, engineers, and researchers that delivers design strategy and incubates new products and experiences for the HTC portfolio. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next-generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
About the Role:
As Lead UX Visual Designer-XR on the VIVE Creative Labs Team, you will own end-to-end design of software features and initiatives, from start to finish – defining workflows, wireframes, mocks, and interactions to deliver unique and innovative XR experiences. You will work closely with a small but nimble team of designers, researchers, planners, and engineers to realize your design solutions as in-headset, interactive prototypes.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead software feature design initiatives across the VIVE product offerings – creating user flows, interfaces, and specs to deliver best-in-class XR concepts and experiences
- Incorporate user & market research into design solutions – understanding user needs and market landscape to deliver unique, yet appropriate, design solutions
- Identify opportunities to push the boundaries of VR and XR interactions and experiences and redefine conventions of XR software experiences
- Define and outline workflows, information architecture, and interaction models based on high-level feature definition and requirements
- Collaborate with other leads to develop inspiring storyboards to communicate design concepts to team members, cross-functional teams, and executives
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, planners, and engineers to realize design concepts and proposals as interactive prototypes
- Mentor team members to provide guidance and educate on design principles, practices, and rationale
- 8+ years of experience designing experiences and interfaces for software products
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or relevant field (or comparable experience)
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, planners, and engineers
- Experience working at every stage of the design process - from user research, ideation, workflow definition, and hifi mocks
- Strong time management and communication skills
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects and demonstrating an end-to-end design process
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe CC suite of products
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing for VR/AR/XR or other spatial experiences
- 3D software experience – Unity, C4D, Blender, Maya, or similar
- UX and Interaction Design experience beyond conventional 2D web and mobile applications
Who You Are:
- You’re curious, driven, and passionate about innovating and pushing the limits of new and emerging technologies
- You are user-focused – you know how and when to ask the right questions to fully understand and empathize with users’ problems before diving into design solutions.
- You can balance an appropriate mix of the ideal and pragmatic in your design work
- You’re excited to tackle ambiguity head-on and have the experience and toolset to deliver innovative solutions to unfamiliar challenges.
- Your passion for UX and visual design inspires others and will contribute to shaping and growing the VIVE Creative Labs design studio culture.
- You can internalize feedback and build on alternative perspectives to iterate on and improve your design solutions.
- You can focus on near-term needs without losing sight of long-term goals.
- You are comfortable and capable of contributing at every stage of the design process.
HTC is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
HTC's estimated annual base salary for this position is $110,250 - $183,750. This position is also eligible for participation in our discretionary bonus programs.
HTC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families. For information regarding our available benefits, please copy and paste this link (https://c2mb.ajg.com/htc/home/) into your web browser. Contact our Human Resources department with questions.
This organization participates in E-Verify.