HTC Creative Labs:
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping, and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC's most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next-generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
About Your Next Opportunity:
The Creative Labs group is looking for a well-rounded 3D Technical Artist with a game development/3D production pipeline background to help our Art Team bring HTC's concepts to life in XR. They are creating amazing software experiences to accompany HTC's cutting-edge VIVE hardware, and are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to get their hands dirty in day-to-day production to help shape and define these amazing consumer-level AAA projects. The position will be composed of approximately a 70/30 tech-to-art ratio, and ideal candidates should have a strong foundation in technical art with a solid set of general 3D art skills.
Please submit a PDF portfolio or include an online portfolio URL in addition to your resume, as submissions must have a portfolio to be considered.
- Support Art Team by providing technical assistance, 3D asset creation, and optimization
- Track and manage content and systems for memory and performance across multiple engines
- Streamline workflow solutions and pipelines across multiple engines with Art Director
- Act as a technical liaison between Art, Design, and Engineering teams
- Contribute to evolving design culture and process throughout HTC's worldwide Creative Labs design organization
- Report to Art Director and Development Director
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- 3+ years of work experience in PC or console game and/or VR development in Unity
- Proficient with at least one major 3D authoring packages like 3DS Max, Blender, or Maya
- Solid knowledge of PBR material authoring tools (Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite)
- Experience with polygonal retopology, optimization, and LOD creation
- Experience with the asset pipeline, integrating 3D models, textures, etc., into Unity 3D
- Thoughtful yet unrelenting at optimizing scenes and materials for VR performance requirements
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature
- Ability to work in a team and to integrate director feedback quickly
- Flexible to changes in production and able to quickly shift focus between a range of tasks
- UX/UI skills for VR/AR
- Rigging and animation in Blender, Maya or Motionbuilder
- Unreal Engine, Steam Workshop or Source2
- Particle systems and FX authoring
We Should Get to Know Each Other if You:
- Are thrilled by the chance to influence product experiences that millions of passionate HTC users enjoy
- Obsess about creating design solutions that offer both functional and emotional benefits
- See product design and development as both a cultural and strategic activity
- Are excited to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
HTC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage people from all walks of life to apply without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, national origin, citizenship, genetics, marital status, veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. HTC does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees' and applicants' time with us, including with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and general treatment during employment.
HTC requires employees and employment candidates who will be at any of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
If you need assistance to accommodate a disability or vaccine exemption, you may request it at any time. Please contact HTC at (425) 679-5318.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
*The estimated salary range for this position is $69,000 - $115,000.
*For information on benefits, please copy and paste the link below into your web browser.
*This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus.